The wait is over and Legrand’s LIION Emergency Lighting range has arrived! The luminaires come with the latest Lithium-ion battery technology, known as Lithium Ion Phosphate (LiFePO4). A previous article in Specifier discusses why the LIION technology has raised the bar when it comes to Emergency Lighting battery technology – from its superior performance and reliable operation, to busting myths about the ‘risk’ of fires. But we’ll wrap up a few key points for you:
- Has an operational lifespan of up to 10 years (4 times the expectancy that traditional NiCd/lead-acid batteries).
- Environmentally friendly battery by not containing heavy toxic metals
- LiFePO4 batteries do not require frequent charging as they can hold their charge over long periods resulting in reduced energy consumption.
- Has integrated iSmart TM temperature sensing technology, ensuring the battery remains within a safe charging temperature.
- Has an on-board Protection Circuit Module (PCM), which will protect the battery pack from over-charging and over-discharging.
- Backed with a 5 year warranty.
- Designed and Manufactured in Australia to meet Australian and New Zealand standards for Emergency escape lighting.
For top-quality operation, LIION is extra safe, ultra green and super reliable. So, raise the bar for your next commercial or residential project with this latest Emergency Lighting solution. www.legrand.com.au