Surfaces with an exceptionally authentic feel.
Feelwood is a new highlight for surfaces: the textures reproduce the look, feel and aesthetic qualities of wood in an exceptional way. Architects and fabricators obtain even more quality applications for their customers, and these can be barely told apart from real wood – except when it comes to the price.
EGGER Feelwood looks and feels very close to the original, but is more cost-efficient than real wood. The textures represent a revolutionary development in the area of wood-based materials. It is synchronised with the decor image and provides wood reproductions with even more naturalness and authenticity. Used on either side of the EGGER coreboard, the surfaces can barely be told apart from veneer and solid wood. However, as compared to real wood, the reproductions have the advantage of being more durable, easier to care for, and being more lightfast. Objects placed on the surface do not damage it at all. Feelwood is available on chipboard and MDF boards, on Eurolight Lightweight Boards, worktops, compact laminate, and laminate. Matching edging, specially developed end-grain edging, and the new three-layer edging complete the authentic solid wood appearance.
Real wood character with haptic effects
The EGGER Decorative Collection 2017-2019 includes a total of six Feelwood surfaces. Three of them were developed especially for the collection.
The latest variant of synchronised pore surfaces is ST38 Feelwood Pinegrain. It has the texture of a deep-brushed conifer and works well on the decor family of the Mountain Larch. The ST37 Feelwood Rift has been developed for the three decors of the Halifax Oak. It shows a lively oak texture marked by cracks and knots. The surface of the ST36 Feelwood Brushed is deeply brushed. With its high-quality and deep texture, it gives a large variety of wood types a very authentic feel. ST33 Feelwood Crafted displays an interplay of matt and slightly glossy areas. The matt and softly brushed pore gives it a beautiful depth effect. The ST29 Feelwood Ambiance underlines with its texture, synchronised with the decor image of the Cape Elm, the large florets. The haptic effect is strengthened by the soft recesses. ST28 Feelwood Nature underlines the sandblasted character of the Gladstone Oak. This texture marks the start of the Feelwood success story and has already been used in numerous projects.
Striking wood decors in XL format
To emphasise the authenticity of the wood reproductions with Feelwood surfaces, the decor family of Halifax Oak has been expanded to include ST37 Feelwood Rift, Tossini Elm with ST33 Feelwood Crafted, Cape Elm with ST29 Feelwood Ambiance, and Attic Wood with ST36 Feelwood Brushed in XL format. In the case of traditional decor images, the details are repeated six to eight times on a half-format. For particularly natural looking wood with striking knots and cracks, EGGER expands the decor format across the whole width. In this way, details only repeat twice on a half-format. Applications achieve even more naturalness and authenticity and are even closer to the real material.
Feelwood: Looking good has never felt this good
- The structure of Feelwood surfaces gives wood decors naturalness and authenticity.
- The advantages compared to real wood: more durable, easier care, more lightfast, more cost-efficient.
- Feelwood surfaces are available on chipboard and MDF boards, on Eurolight Lightweight Boards, worktops, compact laminate, and laminate.
- Matching edging, such as end-grain edging, complete the solid wood look. Three-layer edging is used to obtain the look of a solid three-layer particleboard.
- Feelwood textures in the EGGER Decorative Collection 2017-2019: new ST38 Feelwood Pinegrain, new ST37 Feelwood Rift, ST33 Feelwood Crafted, ST29 Feelwood Ambiance, ST28 Feelwood Nature, ST36 Feelwood Brushed.
- XL format: Striking knots and cracks only repeat twice on the half-formats. This means that applications look even more natural and authentic without too much effort.