Allplastics’ Clear Composite PEP Core UV Grade panels were chosen by Aspect Architects to be installed in the external walkway from the street into the side entrance of the new Goondiwindi Library & Theatre Refurbishment, installed by G & K Lawson Construction. Support of the local industry was major item to address the submission and the continuous employment of the local trades and regular deliveries from local suppliers has been imperative to the success of the project.
19 mm thick Clear Composite panels were installed as an architectural feature that provides protection from the elements but also lets in the natural lightning from the East. Due to the unique geometry of the PEP core these panels are lightweight and yet provide an excellent combination of high rigidity, compressive strength and noise reduction qualities. Clear PEP® panels are environmentally friendly, inert and fully recyclable as well as energy efficient in production and handling.
The entire project took approximately 14 months to complete consisting of:
- Internal and External Refurbishment of the Heritage Listed Theatre (Performing Arts & Cinema Use)
- New Library and Lounge with glazed conservatory link into existing theatre building
- Secondary digital area (flat performance space)
- Visitor information centre
- Art gallery and Gunsynd Display
- Learning rooms, multi-use rooms and offices
- PWD accessible entry and community toilets
- Services upgrade (Power, Fire, Mechanical)
Allplastics also provided CNC Routed PERSPEX Frost 3m x 2m sheets for the display of the famous racehorse Gunsynd which is exhibited in the Art gallery in the Library.
PERSPEX® Frost is a premium international brand with a unique double sided finish renowned for its consistent quality, the rich colour palette and inspiring surface effects that will complement any projects. PERSPEX® Frost carries a 10 year guarantee that covers both internal and external applications. Allplastics provides 22 Frost colours available in Australia in different thicknesses depending on colours.